Role Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Practice Manager
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Dependent on Experience
The purpose of this role is to manage our reception desk, to act as the ‘face’ of the company and ensure visitors receive a very friendly and professional welcome. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, meeting reservations and fielding client queries.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The Receptionist will ensure the front of the office is tidy and has all necessary supplies to deliver a good day every day. The also implies some degree of training, supervising and supporting other team members in admin staff in their duties.
An overview of key areas of responsibilities:
– Be first point of contact for the office by answering the phones and attending to visitors.
– Sort, log and distribute incoming post and to mail and process outgoing post as required including organising special deliveries and packages.
– Manage and maintain the photocopiers/printers.
– Review stationary needs and keep essentials stocked.
– Maintain kitchen supplies for clients and staff.
– Book accommodation and make travel arrangements for the Partners, as and when required.
– Assist with specific projects and initiatives as determined by the Partners, Practice Manager or any other senior person within the company.
– Handling specific client requests, troubleshoot emergencies, monitor office supplies and ensure proper mail distribution.
Other general duties to cover for the admin team:
– Front of the house oriented person desirous of expanding the role with time.
– Demonstrable previous use of planning and co-ordination skills.
– Previous office administration experience, including electronic and paper filing systems.
– Flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team.
– Excellent computer skills – Word, excel, email, messaging, internet usage (to intermediate level)
– Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with internal and external contacts at all levels.
– Good standard of written English – accurate spelling and grammar.
– Ability to plan time effectively and prioritise workload without supervision.
– Excellent telephone skills, ability to handle and resolve complaints sensitively and professionally.
– Attention to detail conscious and methodical/ systematic approach.
– Ability to analyse issues and evaluate alternative courses of action.
– Presents a professional image.
– Confident, assured manner.
– Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues.
– Demonstrates a ‘customer focused’ approach.
– Commitment to continuous improvement and development.
– ‘Can-do’ mentality, ability to find ways round issues/challenges.
To apply, please send your CV to: [email protected] or to office address at 84 Albion Street, Leeds. LS1 6AD.